Sunday 14 March 2021

Mothers Day

 Mother’s Day:




While today originally began as a festival of faith that saw people return to their Cathedral or “mother Church” to renew their connection with the larger faith community it has become a wonderful celebration of motherhood in general and a time to give thanks for all those who hold “mothering” as part of their life.
Today, I give thanks that The Lord has given me, (and all of you), His own mother, Mary, to bring us to full Spiritual Birth and to guide our steps each day.  Today, I give thanks for sister Earth, my mother who gave the elements that make my body and to whom one day I will give them back. Today, I give thanks for all my Spiritual Mothers... especially St.’s Clare and Therese and all those who have nourished my soul and keep communion of prayer with me. Today, most of all, I give thanks for my late Mum, a mother, and a grandmother, who gave me life and imparted the greatest gifts a mother can give: faith, hope and love. 
Blessings on all mothers whether spiritual, physical or in so many other ways generative of love and peace in the world today. +

No comments:

Post a Comment