Thursday 4 March 2021

A time of Grace

 



The Novena of Grace in honour of St. Francis Xavier which begins today and runs until the 12th of March has a very special place in my heart. It was a particular devotion of my Mother and Grandmother all their lives and I was born just after Mum had completed the nine evenings one year. She would always say it was a time when if you were silent enough you could feel the grace flowing around the Church. 

If you would like to keep it as a time of prayer for yourself and those you pray for then the novena prayer follows:


Saint Francis Xavier Novena Prayer

O most kind and loving saint, in union with you I adore the Divine Majesty. The remembrance of the favours with which God blessed you during life, and of your glory after death, fills me with joy; and I unite with you in offering to God my humble tribute of thanksgiving and of praise.

I implore of you to secure for me, through your powerful intercession, the all important blessing of living and dying in the state of grace. I also beseech you to obtain the favour I ask in this Novena 

(here mention the favour to be asked for):


but if what I ask is not for the glory of God or for the good of my soul, obtain for me what is most conducive to both.


Amen.


Concluding Prayer


O God,

who was pleased to gather unto your Church

the people of the East

by the preaching and miracles of blessed Francis,

mercifully grant that we who honour his glorious merits,

may also imitate the example of his virtues,

through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment