Friday 26 February 2021

Cobweb

 An older one for a Lenten Friday



Cobweb 


I was 

about 

to clean

the cobweb

from 

the crucifix

that hangs

in the 

convent sacristy,

when I 

became 

aware

of the 

tiny scrap 

of 

spidered soul

crouching

behind 

the corpus;

and 

I thought;

how right,

how beautiful 

and right

it is,

that the 

small ones,

the tiny ones,

the ones

we label 

as ugly,

or scary,

or simply

too

different

to feel 

their

kinship,

would

make their

home

with

Love

in the

moment

of its 

greatest

rejection,

in the 

moment

of its 

greatest

triumph.

So 

I withdrew

in 

reverence,

remembering

in my 

bones

the 

web of wonder

in which 

we are 

all,

in

gossamered 

grace

together,

soul spun

from

Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment